Friday, June 20, 2008

Second opinion.

My relatives have been bombarding me with phone calls about this potential surgery that I'm getting, and would rather I go get a second opinion.

I'm not opposed to that, but I have no idea what my insurance limits are, and this just takes more time out of my life. If anything, I'd opt not to have surgery, if I can still do my sports, but I have a feeling I can't compromise my sports for lack of surgery.

Besides, living without an ACL means that I would have arthritis early on, along with meniscus problems and far too much reliability on my other ligaments.

All I can do at this point is wait to speak with the surgeon and see what my options are. I will get a second opinion too - perhaps someone who can read MRIs well and not quickly.

ACL reconstruction is a painful and long process. I don't want to have to get it unless absolutely necessary . . .

No comments: