Friday, July 25, 2008

Challenge.

My first major challenge since graduating college -

Washing my hair in a cramped bathroom with a leg brace on.

It'd been three days since I last washed my hair. I'd been sponge bathing myself so that hasn't been too much of an issue. Unfortunately, my bathroom is TINY so there was very little room for me to maneuver to get my hair under the shower head without drowning myself. I finally managed to do so - I contorted myself so that my leg was resting on the toilet seat cover while the bathtub supported my back. I used my abs to hold myself up as I scrubbed my head and rinsed.

It's been the hardest thing I've had to do. What's worse is that my long hair prevented me from scrubbing it thoroughly, but despite my half-assed job, at least I feel cleaner. I tried hard not to get frustrated, but between the shampooing and conditioning, I lost it and just cursed my way through the rest of the cleaning session.

I'm never doing this by myself ever again, not within my recovery period anyway. Not until I can bend my knee comfortably and without contortion.

No comments: