Monday, July 7, 2008

Pain.

I find it pretty crazy that kids these days are getting torn ACLs from intense competition. The problem with doing ACL reconstruction in their knees, however, is the fact that they're not done growing yet.

I shudder to think what would have happened if I had torn my a few years earlier playing volleyball or tennis.

Today I took a step backwards from the progress I had been making. All of it was accidental, of course.

I had been reaching for something that I had dropped on the floor by my desk, and had to squat to reach it in the process. Forgetting that I had torn my ACL and that I didn't have the ability to bend at the angle that I did, I immediately shot back up in pain. When I got home, my knee had swollen to the size it was when I had first hurt it. Immediately, I R.I.C.E.'d it, but I don't know how long these effects will last. With the increased swelling in my knee, I can't bend it completely; to even bend it partially takes more effort than I'd like.

I hope some sleep will take care of this. Funny thing is, I think this is the first real amount of pain I've felt since I got hurt.

No comments: